With lush green mountains, colorful homes, tons of culture, and great food, we will have the opportunity to explore Puerto Rico for 6 days over Christmas, which is perfect to get a real feel of the island!
Below: find our detailed itinerary on how to spend 6 days in Puerto Rico including road trips, and some under-the-radar local gems to get you off the beaten path!
Day 1 Dec 23 (Thu): Arrival
Morning arrival, meet our event host at the airport for pickup.
Day 2 Dec 24 (Fri): (B, D) Explore Old San Juan
* Fortaleza Street: This is the famous street that had all the umbrellas.
* El Morro Fort: One of the two forts that protected Old San Juan from Pirates and other intruders! A must-see!
* Plaza Del Quinto Centenario: A cute plaza that was built in honor of Columbus first voyage, with a tall clay monument and a splash area (which comes in handy from the high humidity!) This is close to El Morro Fort!
* The Black Puerto Rican Flag Mural: Found on an old abandoned building, the flag was painted black to show Puerto Rico is standing up to the fight and to take action upon the collapse of the educational system, healthcare workforce and more!
* Save a Gato: Love cats? Find a haven at Save a Gato, where they take care of the stray cats of Old San Juan!
Day 3 Dec 25 (Sat): (B) Experience El Yunque National Forest
El Yunque National Forest is actually the only tropical rainforest in the United States and it is absolutely beautiful!
* Getting there early and first checking out the area near Angelito trail.
* See Yokahu Tower that offers panoramic views of the forest, La Coca Falls, and Juan Diego Creek (swimming-able waterfall).
* Optional Kayaking
Day 4 Dec 26 (Sun): (B, L) Road Trip Around Puerto Rico
We will take a road trip around the perimeter of Puerto Rico!
PONCE, Puerto Rico
Our road trip heading south from San Juan with our first stop in Ponce, Puerto Rico. The drive is incredibly scenic with large mountain ranges!
* Villaronga House
* Parque de Bombas
* Ponce Cathedral
CABO ROJO, Puerto Rico
* We specifically come here to see the pink salt flats known as Salinas de Cabo Rojo.
* Faro Los Morrillos de Cabo Rojo
RINCON, Puerto Rico
From Cabo Rojo, head north to Rincon! A cute town, and nice beaches!
* Check out Steps Beach which is a National Reserve, meaning the sea and coral is protected.
* Lunch on Sandy beach, a little more north, which is a really unique beach full of palm trees and tons of restaurants overlooking the water!
AGUADILLA, Puerto Rico
Get an authentic Puerto Rican experience.
* Aguadilla’s Crash Boat beach which is a local hot spot!
* Playa Peña Blanca (Wishing Wells)
Day 5 Dec 27 (Mon): (B, D) San Juan and Carolina
On our last day, we want to keep it more local and explore more of Old San Juan and do a Bacardi tour.
* Casa de Bacardi
* Carolina, Isla Verde
* La Placita
Day 6 Dec 28 (Tue): (B) Departure
Morning is free and go shopping for some souvenirs.
Fly back to home with fantastic memories of the trip!
1. One of the top picks B & B in San Juan. Beautiful and Unique (3 blocks from the beach; Guest Rating Exceptional 9.6).
2. One of the top picks Apartment in San Juan (1 block from the beach; Guest Rating Superb 9.2).
$888 Double Occupancy (Apartment)
$1288 Single Occupancy (B & B)
* 5 nights accommodations
* Transportation and local tour guide.
* Event Host.
* 8 Meals (Breakfast: B; Lunch: L; Dinner: D)