PARENTS WITHOUT PARTNERS is a nationwide non-profit organization for single parents who have a living
child. Sponsors monthly dances and many social events, often including the kids. 4 Chapters in the Bay Area:
- Dublin Chapter, 925/373-2112, 2nd Saturday Newcomers orientation at 7pm, followed by Dance, 8pm-12,
Rhythm St. Dance Studio, 6635 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, $10.
- Fremont Chapter, 510/657-3825.
- Golden Peninsula Chapter (San Francisco to San Jose), Box 1051, San Mateo CA 94403, 650/641-7148,
- Hayward Chapter, 10/357-1768, 1st Saturdays Dance, 8:30pm-12:30, Hill & Valley Club, 1808 B St.
PARENTS PLACE SINGLE PARENTS SUPPORT GROUP, Wednesdays, 6-7:30pm, 360 N Dutton Ave #C, Santa
SINGLE MOM’S REAL ESTATE NETWORK, Barbara Bowen, Barbara@singlemomsrealestate.org, 925/351-
3244. Produces free seminars in Contra Costa area.
ARTICLES FOR SINGLE PARENTS:
COURTESY OF JACKIE CORTEZ, The Prevention Coalition
http://educatorlabs.org/ | Cultivating. Connecting. Curating.
- Budgeting Tips for Single Parents: https://www.mint.com/budgeting-3/budgeting-tips-for-single-parents
- Financial Savings Calculator:http://www.calculators.org/savings/
- How to Cope with the Stress of Single Parenting: http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/edumedia/edufiles/about_us/admin_offices/human_resources/eap/single-parenting.pdf
- The Single Parent’s Guide to Buying a Home: Assistance, Grants, and Home Ownership:https://www.redfin.com/blog/the-single-parents-guide-to-buying-a-home-assistance-grants-and-home-ownership
- 5 Summer Vacation Tips for Single Parents:http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.parentswithoutpartners.org/resource/resmgr/Articles/Divorced-5Summer.pdf
- Making Stepfamilies Work:http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stepfamily.aspx
- Divorce After Adoption: A Parent’s Guide to a Smooth Transition:http://www.myfloridalaw.com/divorce/divorce-after-adoption-a-parents-guide/
- 10 Ways to Become Financially Independent:http://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/personalfinance/experts/practicalmoneymatters/columns_2015/0724_Independence.php
- 11 Steps Single Moms Need to Take:http://www.tomorrowsmoney.org/Templates/tm/Content.aspx?id=352
- Are You Ready to Retire?:http://www.360financialliteracy.org/Topics/Retirement-Planning/Retirement-Planning-Basics/Are-you-ready-to-retire